Tips and hints for Gluten-free Baking
- Know the properties of your flours – gram flour for example is much heavier than rice flour
- Be generous with liquid – all the gluten free flours absorb more liquid than wheat flours
- Add more egg – extra eggs can really improve the rise in gluten free baking
- Limit the amount of Xanthan gum – too much and it may dominate the flavour.
- Use some gram flour or teff flour to improve protein content and structure
- Smaller works better
- Use recipes that are specifically for gluten free flours, rather than trying to convert wheat based ones