100g butter or dairy-free margarine
70g rice flour
80g ground almonds
80g golden caster sugar
½ tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon, grated
120ml milk or soya milk
100g fresh or frozen raspberries
Muffin tin and 10 paper muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or the microwave and put to one side.
- Mix together the rice flour, ground almonds, cornflour, polenta, caster sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder and grated lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the melted butter.
- Gently mix into the dry ingredients, followed by the milk. Fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.